WARREN JUNIOR SCHOOL, CHADWELL HEATH.
NEW RECEPTION & ASSOCIATED INTERNAL REFURBISHMENT
• Client: Warren junior school through The London Borough of barking & Dagenham
• Project manager/designer: Jim Watling – ATP Group
• Value: £452,790.00
• Date: July – November 2018
Brief Description of the Project:
The works comprised the demolition of the existing reception area and the construction of a new reception extension of approximate size 65m², together with the internal refurbishment of the adjacent offices and construction of a new interview room within part of the existing staffroom.
The extension was constructed in ‘Standard’ Construction including the following:-
- 1.8m deep concrete strip foundations.
- Alterations to existing surface and foul water drainage.
- External brick cavity walls.
- Solid concrete floor.
- Steel/timber framed flat roof, covered with 3 layer felt.
- Aluminium windows and external doors.
- Internal fire rated timber screens and doors.
- New reception counter.
- First Aid Room.
- External canopy.
ii) The existing offices were stripped out and refurbished, including new wall, floor and ceiling finishes.
iii) The services within the areas were stripped out and new heating, hot and cold water, electrical, fire alarm and other specialist services were installed.
iv) Landscaping was carried out in the adjacent external areas.