IMS Building Solutions are the Architectual Journal Education Retrofit Award Winners 2016
Swanlea Sixth Form by London Borough of Tower Hamlets Architects
Jury comment “The original building might have been demolished, but instead the council chose to save it, showing an understanding of the value of the original structure. The building was ingeniously retained and over-insulated and clad, while the extension makes a great contribution to the urban environment”.
Type of project School
Client London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Main contractor IMS Building Solutions
Completion April 2015
Project cost Undisclosed
• Rosalind Franklin Science Building by Berman Guedes Stretton.
• Education First by BuckleyGrayYeoman.
• Brentwood School Learning Resource Centre by Cottrell & Vermeulen.
• ARK Putney Academy by Hawkins\Brown.
• UTC @ Harbourside by HKS.
• Withington Girls’ School by Levitt Bernstein.
• The Bath House Children’s Community Centre by Lipton Plant Architects.
• Putney High School Performing Arts Centre by Shepheard Epstein Hunter.